Monday, January 5, 2009

Potty Training, Recycling, and Picnik-ing

First off, I recycle underwear. Yes. I do. These used to be my son's underwear. They are the absorbent kind so that when (not if) they have their accident on the floor it's not as bad as it could be. They used to have Bob the Builder appliques on them. My girls are very into animals so I thought that these motifs might be more appropriate for them. I found it at my local fabric boutique. The baboon is my favorite. I use fusible stay tape to hold down the small circles and then I use my three step zigzag to stitch around the outside of the motif. My girls love them. We are not going to try potty training right now because it's too cold and it is easier (I think) to potty train when they can run around half-nekkid.
Hee hee. LindseyT got me hooked on Picnik.com. I bought the "full" version to see what it's like. It has a lot of options so that you can modify pictures. He's me looking sinister with my beard.

6 comments:

mitch1066 said...

i use the padded underwear in my daycare for training...so much better than pull upps:)

Meg said...

So happy I could fuel your creative side. You look good as Charles Manson!

Dr. Bennett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. Bennett said...

LOVE your piknik pic! Crack me up.
I'm blogging about sewing and teaching at http://nomorethantwo.blogspot.com/

And you're right... potty training is easier when it's warmer...
:)

Christina said...

I am thinking about paying for Picnik too. Your pic is hilarious!

Jacqui said...

Too funny! Someone could have a lot of fun with Picnik. And you are so right about potty trainng with the kiddos running around half dressed. They'd never make it if they had to peel off layers.