Wednesday, October 18, 2017
This is a JoAnn's sweat shirting fabric. I bought it last year in the fall. I actually have it in several colors and prints. I did try the circle piece. I was able to make the circle piece and I bound the two pockets. However, when I tried to attach it to the sweat shirt, it stretched out horribly and made the front panel all puckery. I should have added interfacing to the edges of the circle. So, I re-cut the front panel and added a little bling so it wouldn't be so boring.
When the "cozy twin" saw it, there was a squeal and she scampered off with it. I haven't seen it since then so I think it was a win? Hopefully so . . .
Friday, October 13, 2017
This is the Heather Dress from Sew Over it. I’ve made it before and find that I reach for that dress quite a bit in the winter. I love easy, cozy, knit dresses especially when they are made of a wool knit. I decided I needed a bit of flower bomb in my life especially now that the light is going away. The floral fabric is a scuba knit and the grey is a Merino wool knit. This is my first time making this in two colors and I’m not sure I love it. On one hand, it reminds me of a weird 1980’s overall jumper skirt. On the other hand, I think it emphasizes my pear shape. But, overall, I’m okay with those two things. Who can’t love this fabric?
Last time I made this, the sleeves were way too small at the wrist and forearm. I sliced the pattern from wrist to shoulder and added 3/4” at the wrist and tapered up to nothing at the shoulder. These sleeves are really narrow.
When I make this next time, I’ll add a small swayback adjustment to the back. You can see there is some pooling above the butt. Next up? Something from Ottobre for a kiddo!
Saturday, October 7, 2017
When my twinny said that she wanted to be Katniss Everdeen for Halloween, I was thinking we were just talking about a black body suit. Well, I was mistaken. This twin wanted the whole works. She wanted the white sleeves, the white piping, the round inserts, everything.
I used Jalie 3135, the skinsuit, to create this look. I had to slice and dice this baby up to match the Katniss jumpsuit. It was pretty easy actually. I just eyeballed the style lines and sliced up the pattern. I highlighted all the edges to remind myself to add seam allowances. This pattern isn’t a raglan sleeve so I made a faux-raglan sleeve.
She wore it all day so I think it’s pretty much a win.
Whew, now something for me!