This is Burda 08-2009 #113. I love the fabric they used on this dress. I have some poly/lycra stretch velour and decided to try my hand at crushing it myself. The design is pretty simple. I didn't want to just use plain velour because I thought it would be too boring.
I took a scrap of purple velour and roughly pleated it with my fingers. I turned the iron to Linen, it's hottest setting, and pressed the pleats. I was a little worried about meltage but it was fine. I got this idea from a Threads video I watched a quite a while ago about crushing silk/rayon velvet. This purple velour has been crushed several times. Then I washed it and dried it. I figured if I went to all this trouble to crush it, I didn't want it coming out in the wash.
I don't have enough of the purple so I'll be using this printed velour below. I think the print and texture will work well for this dress.
I'm going to go trace it out. It's one of the rare patterns that comes in a size 34 so I don't have to grade it down. Yay!