Tuesday, June 1, 2010

More Pillowcases!!!!

I promised my kids some more pillowcases because they loved their other ones so much. This is fabric I picked up in Hawaii the last time we were there. The two pinks ones are for the girls and the green one is for my son. I'm not sure if he'll like his because it has pink on it. I can hear it now, "Pink? Mom? Really??? I'm not a girl! I don't like pink!" I used the same tutorial as last time. I really like it because the inside raw edge for the contrast fabric is non-existent. Here are the pillowcases I made last time with a close-up view of the inside.





Here's a close-up of the contrast rick-rack with contrast thread. I added the buttons because Sister B "needed" them.


How much do y'all love large rick-rack?

9 comments:

Cole's Corner said...

Yes! I love ric rac in all sizes!
I love those pillowcases, too.

Bunny said...

Love them! I am a big ricrac fan too.

IowaCowgirl said...

I am making these. My favorite (only) daughter leaves for college in the forsaken nord land in the fall and would love some of these. Why didn't I think of this before????

Trudy said...

These are the most beautiful pillowcases I have ever seen.

Little Hunting Creek said...

Who DOESN'T love ricrac in any size, ESPECIALLY large? and those are the best pillowcases I've ever seen.

BConky said...

What fun materials- love the ric rac.

Pam said...

I love them!! Great idea!! (The pillowcases). I was in Hawaii for an emergency work trip (I teach env. law) - and have a class in Alaska in August - funny! Half my class in AK is Hawaii people:)

I'd like to request a future post if possible regarding what you think of sewing resources in Hawaii. I went to Fabric Mart this trip and bought some items I really don't need an I just wanted to support the shop (I like them but don't love them). I'll post. In the past (in my quilting days) I have been to the "fabric type of district" in some warehouses (I can't remember now but I think it was over by the Stadium). . . I'd like to know what you think about the fabric resources in Hawaii! I saw some Hawaii patterns but didn't buy cause I don't see myself wearing mumus:)

Love your fabric!!

Ann Made Studio said...

Such fun pillowcases! Very nice!

angie.a said...

Very cute! And a great way to use up cute fabric you can't find a garment for (um, I have a lot of that. :D )