Monday, August 2, 2010

Ottobre 05/2009 #2

I apologize again for the bad formatting. I'm still using my iPhone
for pictures and posting. On the plus side, they did say that I should
have my Internet connection by Friday of this week. Anyway this
underwear pattern is from Ottobre May 2009. This is pattern #2:
"simply basic" panties and hipsters. I made the hipster version of boy
shorts. You can see from the pattern pieces it's kind of interesting
how much higher the center back is than the center front. You can see
I cut off a little bit from the center front and center back to make
them more like a low rise hipster boy shorts. They are very
comfortable and I'll be making more. This is a size 38 which is higher
than the 36 which matches my measurements. This isn't a real stretchy
fabric and maybe that's why I had to make them a size up. There's no
elastic in his underwear and all the edges are coverstitched.

And for those of you who have inquired, no I didn't piece this fabric.
Its just that cool.

15 comments:

Rebecca said...

Those are some cool undies!

snuzal said...

That fabric is totally gorgeous..
I made some knickers yesterday too, from Mccalls 5651. Was hoping they would turn out very similar to your pattern, but it's quite different, I might have a look for that issue of ottobre!

Once again, that fabric... Talk about in love!

snuzal said...

Actually, you wouldn't mind tracing them off and sending me the pattern would you? CHEEKY (pun intended!! lol) I know.

Victoria said...

That fabric is wayyyy cool indeed!!!

Jos van KloskaCreAtief! said...

love 'm!

Rose said...

I love the fabric--it's wildly fun. If I had seen it I would have passed it by, but I love how it looks when it's made up.

Rose in SV

Trudy said...

So cute. Love the fabric you chose.

Trudy
www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

Jacqui said...

Cute! I need some new chonies and I actually have this issue. Even at 4/$10 at Target I couldn't make myself buy them since I can make them free out of scraps. I've made mine out of Kwik Sew 3301 but I should try these Ottobre ones.

Unknown said...

Very nice fabric!!
That is a great pattern, I have used it many times and I will probobly use it again!

Cennetta said...

Love these.

Joy said...

The fabric really makes these!

I've made the "classic" version of these undies. The fit is good, but they're pretty high waisted, ugh. I'll have to give this version a try.

paulette said...

hey girlfriend....J was wondering when you'd be over for dinner/sewing/whatever so you can model those. He says he likes the fabric. ;)

Anyway, maybe I can find something similar on this trip! AND if you are lucky, it will scream out your name!!

Summer said...

Thanks so much for your polo placket tutorial! I was stuck on Burda's directions and you saved my project :)

The Slapdash Sewist said...

That is such cool fabric! I should try to get ahold of that issue--I have to raise the back waistline for panties by up to two inches. My booty is just that big.

Lynn said...

Do they stay up okay? I made a DIY from McCalls that was similar, and I was always afraid they would fall off. They are very cute though.