So I’ve been wracking my brain on how to make a template for my stripes. Tape? Way too time consuming. Paper? Maybe but it’ll get soggy. Cardstock? Maybe but how to get it around the corners smoothly. Then, mental head slap, why not use fabric??!? I only have 500 yards or so of it lying around. I dug out the rest of that ugly, cheap polyester felt and put that to the test. I knew I needed something beefier than a cotton. The felt was just perfect. So I cut out some larger and smaller stripes in my felt.
I stuffed my pants with newspaper and pinned on the felt templates. Notice the yard is snow free! Yea October in Alaska!!
Here’s a better picture.
Here’s the first run. I did one set down each side and then came back to each side a few times to get the holes and empty spots. I can tell you that I really, really like the Valspar spray paint from Lowe’s. No stupid wobbly spray knob and no mess.
I think the stripes look very nice. I didn’t want perfect moon-shaped arcs.
Look! A dismembered Na’vi on my lawn!!
Here’s the top. There aren’t many of the top because it started snowing on me. Damn Alaska in October! I had to hurry and get done!
Here’s the back of the finished shirt. I cut several inches off the bottom after I was done. I knew it was way too long so I didn’t really do much painting down there.
Next up: The Shoes!