Sunday, March 25, 2012

Burda 12-2010 #123 A-Line skirt with hip pleats

I decided to go with the third option. I liked the shape of the skirt, liked the height at the waist, and thought the horizontal hip darts were a cool feature. With the busy-ness of this print, you can hardy find them in the design.
b_1210_123_6 b_1210_123_12

I made a 1/2” double-folded hem at the bottom and topstitched it. I like the look of it.

b_1210_123_7

 

I added a lining to this skirt and, looking at this facing, didn’t do a good job of matching everything up. I can tell you that the invisible zipper from the RS looks great, like really great. I am proud because I used a totally different zipper foot to do it and I think it turned out even better than the normal invisible zipper foot I normally use. I used a light pink rayon lining for the inside.
b_1210_123_8

 


Why hello, Crazy Eyes, nice to meet you. Here is the skirt worn with my Simplicity 2603 cardigan. I love that thing. I want to make it a bit spring-ier but it’s still pretty cold out so boots and sweater it is. I’ll probably wear it with tights, flats, and a cute top later but not now, Sister. I love how the lining really makes the burnout sections pop.
b_1210_123_9

 

Here’s the back. With the crazy print, you can’t see my awesome zipper.
b_1210_123_10

 

Here you can see it sits a bit higher up on the waist. I’m doing Sassy Pose here but still have the Crazy Eyes so I cropped it.
b_1210_123_11

 

I’m not in love with this but I think it’s mostly how I styled it. I think it’ll be much cuter with tights, flats/sandals, and a springy top.

ETA: For those of you who asking about the Burda Archives. I use this link to the Russian site.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Super cute skirt, you are right the lining pops the fabric. Great job.

LisaB said...

What a great use of the fabric! I like how invisible the front darts are.

Thanks for the Burda link.

BeccaA said...

Gorgeous skirt! The lining really does pop the fabric.

Dana said...

Looks great! Fabulous fabric for a simple a-line.

Sheila said...

Beautiful skirt.

Anonymous said...

I'm echoing Lori because it IS super cute!

Raquel from J.C. said...

Super cute but no with your gray tights.