Can I just say I like this dress about 340% more than the previous dress I made using this pattern. This dress is a lot more drapey and fluid and it just fits this pattern better. I love the pockets and the seaming. I really nailed the seaming this time (brag alert!). But, let’s see, I’ve done that bust seam detail now six times (two with the brown ick dress, twice with the lining on this dress, and twice with the fashion fabric of this dress.
Here you can really see the seam detailing. Here you can see the subtle “lace” on those inset panels. I really like the effect. It’s not enough that the contrast smacks you in the face but it does make you look twice.
The dress is fully lined this time. I had to use fusible interfacing on most of the edges of the dress to help it keep from fraying on me. I also did it on the v-necks and the pockets to help them to not stretch out.
I got a few emails/questions about how I did the embroidery. First I hooped up a non-tear away knit stabilizer. I sprayed the dickens out of it with spray adhesive. I pushed my pattern piece onto this and did the embroidery. When done, I just cut the shape out again and used it. I left the stabilizer on the back of the piece. You can see it here. I almost never hoop the actual fashion fabric because I’ve gotten those hoop imprints on too many nice fabrics. Hope that helps!