Sunday, January 26, 2014

Burda 01-2014 #122 Gathered Raglan Tee (January Burda Challenge)

b_0114_122_1b_0114_122_2

 

Here’s my Burda Challenge garment for January. I decided on the knit raglan top. It’s weird, but I feel like this top looks so much better in person than it does on a photograph. Although, photos don’t lie do they? I love it in person, but these photos don’t look all that great. The light right now isn’t all that easy to photograph in either. It’s been in the high 30s and 40s here so it’s a mess outside. Wet, wet, wet. There is really not much snow left. I want some of the snow you people are getting in the Lower 48.
b_0114_122_7

 

Anyway, details. It’s a basic raglan tee with a few gathers. One is at the bust on one side, and the other is the front and back hip on the opposing side. The sleeves are long and the length of the shirt is tunic length. I had a really hard time matching stripes because my fabric was off grain. It’s National City Swap Meet fabric and was like a buck.
b_0114_122_4

 

I love how the top of the back is on the bias. Makes it really fun with a stripe.
b_0114_122_5

 

I used my coverstitcher for the sleeves, bottom hem, and the self-fabric neck facing.
b_0114_122_6

 

This shows you the areas with the gathers. And I’m fuzzy.
b_0114_122_8

 

I have been sewing up a storm so I’ll need to show you people all of that stuff. I’m going on another cruise soon so I need to make some easy dresses and swimsuits to take with me. Really excited about that!!!!!

8 comments:

Sharon Sews said...

I love this top on you! and I'm quite jealous of your warm weather...we have another round of bitter, below zero temps coming soon.

Lyndle said...

Cute top! Enjoy the cruise!

P E Hudson said...

I have this month's magazine and I was wondering what the blouse would look like. I love your knit top!

The Material Lady said...

I would really like this top but I know I would need a FBA and I can't get my head around quite how that would work. Yours looks great :)

Levone said...

Cute top! I'm thinking about making this one up.

Becki-c said...

WOW! This has a great shape on you. I like your choice of fabric, it shows off the design but isn't as busy as the pattern photo.
Great job!

Linda Pratt said...

Hi, I like the way you've cut the fabric to show the stripes off. I use Burda patterns. They're great (one you figure out the spaghetti lines!)

Linda P said...

Hi. Love the way you've cut the fabric to show off the stripes. I love Burda patterns (once you figure the spaghetti lines!!)