Saturday, February 8, 2014

Burda Challenge February 02-2014 #124

Ewwww, right? When I first say the model photo of this dress, I was like, not flattering. But then I was glancing through my magazine and saw the line drawing. I love the back gathers and the side drawstrings seemed kind of interesting too. I decided that instead of a boring beige poplin, I was use a stable knit for my version. I need some easy, cute dresses for a cruise. This seemed like it would be great for throwing in a bag at the beach.
b_0214_124_10b_0214_124_11

 


 

I really like how it came out. I’ll probably mostly be wearing it with my purple Keen sandals. Isn’t it cute? It’s loose and relaxed but still pulled together. I can totally see this on the beach or just wandering around. I’m wearing it here with a cami peeking out. For the cruise, I’m hoping I have bikini straps hanging out!
b_0214_124_1

 

I can make it a bit shorter and add heels for a dinner date too. I think I could also make it a bit shorter and wear it now with boots and an undershirt. More of a tunic-y kind of look.
b_0214_124_4

 

The most fun part of this dress is the fun shoulders which is totally obliterated by my crazy fabric.
b_0214_124_5

 

Here’s a close-up of the gathered shoulders with and without notations. The gathers make it really comfortable and give it some interest.
b_0214_124_8
b_0214_124_7

 

CB detail.
b_0214_124_9

 

Instead of make self-fabric sewn ties, I cut long strips and pulled the crazy out of my strips. This knit curls like crazy and they end up looking like this.
b_0214_124_6

 

What’s next? I’m still thinking about that. Happy February, everybody!

7 comments:

P E Hudson said...

Fantastic dress -- you really picked a winner for you. I love both the cruise ideas and boots! Great job!

Elizabeth Wellons said...

Really cute dress on you. Would never have looked at it twide -- but might have to go back!

Christy Hayes said...

I like this and think it looks great on you

Levone said...

Cute dress!

The MaterialLady said...

I rejected that one after seeing Burdas picture - but your dress looks great. Sadly, I don't have your legs so if I went that short it would be with leggings!

Kristy Chan said...

I really liked the line drawing of this dress too, so I'm glad to see it made up in a more fun fabric. I love that shoulder detail, it looks really interesting in your printed fabric

Geo P said...

You version is MUCH more fun and your legs are incredibly long :)