Saturday, August 23, 2014

Burda 07-2014 #118 with Jalie 3352

Shhhhhhhh, this is my July Burda Challenge! I actually did it in July, then didn’t have time to take pictures, and now it’s almost September. Yeesh. Oh well, I’ve been busy. I don’t feel that bad. My August Burda might actually be late though. I’ve been working on it, but there are many pieces. Dammit. Anyhoo, here’s this July Burda skirt and a Jalie top to go with it. I just love their dolman pattern. This time I made it with a cowl. 

Skirt first. Here’s the skirt. It’s very straight forward and easy because it’s a one-piece, elastic-waisted knit skirt. How hard is that? I’m making something challenging for my August Burda because I feel pretty lame about the difficulty level on my work lately. It’s been mostly easy-to-make knits. Although, I do live in those clothes, so I don’t feel that bad.
b_0714_118_1

 

Here’s both pieces together. For the skirt, I used a remnant left over from this dress.
b_0714_118_2

b_0714_118_3

 

Here you can see the gathers and the ties. I worry with this fabric that it might be too suggestive of what may lie underneath, if you get my drift. However, I think it’s okay if you don’t stare at it too long. Stop looking. Really. Stop.
b_0714_118_6

 

 

Here it is with the Jalie dolman top. I added the sleeves in black and a cowl neck to it for fall. I love the high-low hem.
b_0714_118_5

 

A looooong cowl neck. Actually, that’s not the correct term is it? This is just a loooong turtleneck.
j_3352_15

 

Really long. I’ve made this top multiple times and really like the fit.
j_3352_16

 

I think this top works well for this skirt since the skirt is pretty snug. Anyway, love the slim line to the back of this dolman top. I love this outfit. Cute, easy, and comfortable for work. 
j_3352_17

 

This is what I’m currently working on. My colors are more subdued, but not all the same either. I’m excited to get it done!
b_0814_103_1

6 comments:

Fabric Epiphanies said...

I love what you have done with this top. I might just gave to try this!

Cat Does It said...

Love the august burda dress, but it is a challenge! Looking forward to see it :)

Kristine Balinski said...

I'm still staring... ;) Love the print and the patterns. I really need to take a cue from your sewing pics and leave the dresses behind, making more separates.

Mrs. Smith said...

Hahaha @ stop staring :)

Love both pieces especially the top. Cannot wait to see that Burda dress done up!

Teri said...

What a cute outfit. I really love that top....might have to get me that pattern.

Jacqui said...

Love the cowl neck! I'll have to borrow that feature. I have to admit I did find it suggestive... but then I tend to think like a teenage boy sometimes thanks to having four older brothers. Now that my kids are older I don't have to suppress it as much. :-)