Sunday, September 14, 2014

Papercut Patterns - Ooh La Leggings

These are the Ooh La Legging from Papercut patterns. I can’t tell you how much I love these! This is a new-to-me company, but I’ve seen oodles of reviews and specifically, reviews of these tights. The reviews from Melissa and Kathy are the ones that really pushed me over the edge. I knew I needed some

They come in full-length, 3/4 length, and knee length. I made the 3/4 length for my first pair. Next, I’ll be making the full length pair.
pc_oll_1

 

This is after my 10 mile run this morning. They passed the test. Although, they do need pockets. I’ll put those in this week. You need places to stick your goo, car keys, etc. Strangely enough, I have a Nike Dri-Fit top (bought, not made) and a pair of running socks that perfectly match the pants.
pc_oll_2

 

This is during our family bike ride later in the day. What’s fun about the print is that they match everything. I can always use more fun running pants in my life.
pc_oll_3

 

I love the back part. I was worried on a bike that the butt seam might rub when I was sitting on the bike seat, but I never even thought about it or felt it.
pc_oll_4

pc_oll_5

 

I made the size XS, but I probably could have made the XXS. The waist and hips have plenty of room. It depends a lot on your fabric. I can see making these in lots of different fabrics.
pc_oll_6

 

I love how the side view changes dramatically when you move your legs.
pc_oll_7pc_oll_8

 

Again with the fun back.This is Nike Dri-Fit solid knit mixed with a swim suit nylon spandex print. I love how springy and bright they are.
pc_oll_9

 

This is the front. There is a front and back hip piece. The legs are made out of three pieces. A side piece (dark blue in mine), and a front and back panel (both are the bright print in mine). I’ll make these again and play with the color blocking, although I’m loving how these turned out.
pc_oll_10

They tell you to topstitch the hip area, but I decided to go all the way down the leg. That’s the only change I made on these. It’s a great pattern! You’ll be seeing more of this in the future.
pc_oll_11pc_oll_12

 

Next up: I have a great jacket to show you, I just have to photograph it. I get dressed in the morning, go to work, change at work into my running clothing, and coach running. When I get home, there is no way I’m changing again to take pictures. Oy, I’ll get it done one of these days! My jacket had been done for over a week!

9 comments:

Scruffybadgertime said...

Awesome fabric use ! I've had this alternative for a while and I use it for running too. I've only experimented with contrasting the yoke with the legs - I worried after I'd done it that it looked like I was wearing my underwear on the outside! But I don't think it does. But just wanted to say how much I love your bright colourful pair !

Scruffybadgertime said...

Oooops!! Just seen that random auto correct- 'alternative' should be pattern!!! Sorry!

Kathy Sews said...

Why did I not ever get that I can make capri length versions of this?! These are so awesome. If only my pairs made my rear end look as good as yours. Great fabrics!!

Kathy Scheuer said...

Where do you buy the Nike dri-fit fabric? I'm starting to make my own workout stuff but Joanns just has "performance" fabrics. Do you mail order? I love your leggings fabric combo!

Da99516 said...

I buy in bulk by the bolt. I'm going to put some up on Etsy here in a day or so.

Da99516 said...

Your gray/black version is what made me decide to do this color blocking!

Ines said...

Your leggings are really pretty! You are one fashionable runner!

Jenny Sterlein said...

These are SO cute!! Love the print. Can you show how you do the pockets when you add them? I want to add pockets to some Reebok tights and am not sure how to go about it.

Gwen Gyldenege said...

OMG I love these. That print is really fun and they do match everything. Win!