Monday, January 26, 2015

Jalie 2805 T-Shirt Dress

I guess I didn’t have this pattern out of my head yet. I made three of these t-shirts a couple of weeks ago (#1, #2, and #3), and I used the same pattern to make a cute, casual t-shirt dress. For this dress, I used the left-most version of the pattern and extended the length by 10”. I lowered the neck by about an inch. It’s a really simple dress to make and I might make a couple more.
j_2805_18

 

Lovely pasty Alaskan skin. This is a thin cotton knit. You can’t really tell, but the stripes are distressed looking and uneven. I bought this fabric at the Swap Meet in National City.
j_2805_18

 

It’s loose and casual. We are again headed to a warm climate for Spring Break (sqqqquuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!) and I need a few things I can just throw on and go.
j_2805_19

 

My little photo bomber was home sick today. She woke me up about 4am puking her guts out. I called in and got a sub, Sick Girl slept for a few hours, and seemed fine. I was a bit irritated that she seemed to be fine when I took the day off work. Then she puked about three minutes after this picture, and then I felt horrible for being irritated. She’s asleep again right now. Poor little thing.
j_2805_20

 

She said that “Kitty” was being the photo bomber. Naughty Kitty!
j_2805_21

 

More on our trip later. I may have to make another bathing suit. This is the one I made last year when we went to Mexico.

 

Burda Challenge Update: I’m starting to see lots of January Burdas popping up!! Check out Nancy’s top. I love the colors and drape of her top. I also love this top from the Burda 2015 magazine. And here’s another cute top. This is one I’ve made before. Just so you know, I’m not planning on linking to every single garment made by you guys. There are just too many and you guys are too prolific. It’s just fun to see what we are all making.

No comments: