I figured you guys would want an update on The Coat. The tweed is beautiful, but not sturdy enough for all this detail. I went ahead and interfaced the entire thing. SO. MUCH. INTERFACING. Wow. I spent one whole night cutting, one whole night interfacing, and one whole night wrestling with the ruffle. It’s been slow, but fun, going.
It turns out you do need the full 3 5/8 yards to make this coat. I had originally bought three yards when I first saw this coat. Now, I’m just waiting on the rest of the fabric to come from Mood. I have completed the lining (I did that first) and done the top of the coat. I still need to do a bunch of clipping, grading, and understitching on the collar. In this picture, things are not lined up where they should be.
You can tell here that it’s pulling in all kinds of crazy ways. I really need to clip, grade, and understitch. The weight of the immense collar is pulling the facing and lining out of the coat from the neck. I still need to figure out the shoulder pads.