Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Jalie 2806 and Ottobre 06-2015 #13 ad nauseam . . .

Did you know that if you submit “creations” on the new Jalie website, they do a drawing each month?? Neither did I! They do a drawing each month and I was the winner for January!! You get a $25 gift certificate which is almost the perfect amount for two patterns. I just paid shipping. I bought this lovely top which I should have bought years ago. I love, love, love the tulip sleeves and the two front variations. I haven’t made myself a version yet but I cranked out four of them last weekend for my twinny-poos.
j_2806

 

I made two of the gathered tops (the gray mustaches and the love print) and two of the foldover tops. I made them in size M (9). The girls are built like me so I added an inch above the bust for their long torsos.
FullSizeRender (10)
j_2806_2FullSizeRender (12)FullSizeRender (9)

 

The mustache fabric (and Love print) is from GirlCharlee and it’s the first time I’ve ordered from them. I like the fabric and the prints. I’ll be ordering from them again.
j_2806_3
j_2806_6

 

I know, not the best pictures to show the details. The girls only care about Penny. She’s getting awfully big isn’t she?
j_2806_4

 

I love this foldover detail.
FullSizeRender (11)

 

Because I was trying to make them coordinating outfits, everything is white, black, red, or gray. I also made three pairs of Ottobre leggings. I used the 06-2015 #13 pattern in size 122. Because they are skinny-minis, I took an inch out of the width by just folding the middle out. Then I decreased the front rise by about 1.5” overall. I find that Ottobre pants tend to have a long rise in the front. The back seems to fit well. I particularly like this pair of leggings because of the ruching and the “stretch grosgrain ribbon” detail down the side. I used FOE instead because it’s readily available and comes in lots of fun colors. 
ott_0615_13_6ott_0615_13_4

 

Doesn’t the FOE add some fun to the sides? I just draw a line down the grainline and used my wide coverstitch to attach it to the pants.
j_2806_1
j_2806_5

 

I lightened this so you can see it a bit better.
ott_0615_13_1
ott_0615_13_2

 

You ruche both the inner and outer leg. On the outer leg, you use gathering stitches and then just make sure the stitches are under the FOE. Here you can barely see my coverstitching.
ott_0615_13_3

 

I made two pairs with the black and white houndstooth and one pair with the black and gold dots. I found this FOE here on ETSY for a great price.
ott_0615_13_5

More later! Hope you all are click, click, clicking along!!

No comments: