Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Ottobre 05-2016 #16 Slouchy Dress

Okay, it kind of looks like a sack in the line drawing but I was really drawn to this silhouette.
ott_0516_16_1

 

I think it’s pretty cute on the bod! I used the size 34 and I took out about an inch from the CF and back pieces. Ottobre seems to run a little wide on me. I used a purple doubleknit on the body and a black knit on the arms.
ott_0516_16_2

 

It has big, deep pockets which is nice. I think this would be super cute with boots, tights, and a chunky scarf.
ott_0516_16_3
ott_0516_16_4

ott_0516_16_5

 

I forgot to add my 1” above the bust. You can see that here. The waist and hips are higher up than they should be. I think when I add that extra length, everything will settle down to where it should be. It has a center back seam and I did a small swayback adjustment.
ott_0516_16_6

 

The front is made of two pieces. First you attach the CF part (I reinforced this with clear elastic), then you sew the pocket facing to the pockets.
ott_0516_16_8

ott_0516_16_7

 

On the edges of the pocket, you make tiny bartacks to reinforce the pocket seams. 
ott_0516_16_9

 

I think this is a great pattern for fall! I absolutely love cozy knit dresses that you can dress up and down. You could even make this a short-sleeved dress and where a long-sleeved turtleneck underneath everything. Then it would be extra, extra cozy.
ott_0516_16_10

 

I have another pattern from this issue all traced out and ready to go! Just wait for it!!