Thursday, September 22, 2016

Ottobre 05-2016 #3 Knit Dress

Back in August, I had told you guys that I thought there were lots of cute things in this version of Ottobre magazine. Well, this is my third make from it and so far, I’m not disappointed.

 

I just love simple, easy knit dresses like this. I wear things like this constantly in the winter. These are great layering pieces.
ott_0516_3_1

 

What do you think? Cute, eh?
ott_0516_3_2

 

I did a small swayback adjustment and I’m happy with it.
ott_0516_3_3

 

This back bodice on this dress wraps around to the front of the bodice to make an overlap detail. I used purple coverstitching thread for a little contrast. It’s not much, but it is there. If you look REALLY closely, you can see the dark purple thread I used to attach the back flap to the front bodice piece.
ott_0516_3_4
ott_0516_3_5

 

The sides of the front of the top go way, way over making this top almost not bra friendly. It’s fine as long as I push the straps to the sides. If it’s a big issue, I’ll add bra strap carriers to the side. I made my typical alterations: add 1 inch above the bust (leaving the armhoes alone) and also pinching out about 1/2” at the CF and on the back.
ott_0516_3_6

 

I think next I’ll have to make something for my kids. They are begging for more sweatshirts now that it’s getting chilly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really nice!

I have this issue in my sewing room but am 40 weeks pregnant so I´ll have to wait until I know more about my size to come, haha. But this was inspiring!