Friday, January 13, 2017

Ottobre 01/2015 #29 Leggings

Okay, you guys have seen me struggle fitting little Miss Thang and her leggings. I have struggled because she has a totally different body shape than the twins and me. This time I measured her and compared her to the Ottobre sizing chart again. I decided that I would try these leggings. They are made to fit “a child whose measurements are 4-5cm larger than the measurements on the chart.” So, husky sized? I hate that term. However, it does seem to be her size range. She is measuring only 118cm on the height chart but larger on the hip measurement than 116 or 122. I decided to make a size 128 in an abundance of caution. I should have made the size 122 because these are too big. That’s better than too small right?
otto7

 

I also used a fabric that was pretty thick. I should have used thinner fabric. However, I think this is a better starting point than the other pattern. It’s hard to see here, but the front rise is still too long.
FullSizeRender (13)

 

See? Way too big. You can see there is lots more room in the rear though and that’s nice.
FullSizeRender (14)

 

I used the Omnimotion stitches on my new Viking to make some fun stitching down the side. This thing can make stitches side to side that are 40cm wide!! How is that possible? Crazy! See? Too big!
FullSizeRender (15)

 

The stitch quality on this thing is amazing. But, I digress . . .
FullSizeRender (12)

So, notes for me for next time:
-- make the size 122 (save the 128 for later!)
-- use a more appropriate fabric choice.
-- take 2-3cm out of the front rise.

Any other advice from you ladies? I’ll make another set in a week or so and she can try them on and we can go from there. I would really like to get a perfect legging pattern for her because that is what she wears 95% of the time. Once I have the alterations perfected, I can just make the same adjustments to the next size as she grows!

No comments: