Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Jalie 3672 Strappy Leo!!

How much fun is this unitard?? My girls do quite a bit of gymnastics and they are always cold. When they saw this, they both wanted me to make them one with the full length legs. I did point out that the top was a tank and that their arms might get cold. They didn’t care. Did. Not. Care. I made the size O which is the size 11. They are long (about the size N or 10), but thin but this is designed with negative ease so it’s fine.
j_3672_1

 

This is my favorite part of the pattern. I love these straps!!! The straps here are a little loose.
j_3672_2

 

I ended up tightening the straps on these two places.
j_3672_3

 

Someone couldn’t wait to do some stunts. The fabric is a polyester/Lycra knit. The white digital print is at both edges. I cut this on the cross grain but there is lots of stretch in both directions. I like how it goes from the white to black and back to white. The waistband section turned out to be perfectly white-goes-to-black for the look I wanted.
j_3672_4
j_3672_5j_3672_6

 

I think she’s a bit fan too. You can see she’s got the swayback going on. Between the twins, she has the more pronounced swayback. See the gap right under the black tab? She gets that on all her leotards and swimsuits.
j_3672_7

 

Ouch.
j_3672_8

 

It doesn’t look awesome without a body.
j_3672_9

 

I tacked down the too-long straps to the seam allowance and I’m hoping as she grows, I can add to the length of the straps.
j_3672_10

 

I always, always, always serge AND zigzag the pant/crotch/armpit seams of any child leggings, leotards, swimsuit, etc. They are so bad about just sticking their heel in and pulling! I can’t count the number of center-back butt seams I have had to repair!!!
j_3672_11

More later! I just got the newest kid Ottobres and there are a bunch of things in there I want to make!! Stay tuned!

No comments: