Thursday, February 22, 2018

Ottobre Women's Magazine 02/2018

I see a lot of love for Burda and the Big 4 (5? 6? Multiverse?) with reviews of the Spring release or the newest magazines. I thought I would throw out my love for Ottobre. I don't see many people do reviews on the issues. I know that Ottobre puts out the pictures on FB, but I love the personalized reviews of other sewists. Maybe I'm just missing those other sewists and their reviews? I don't know but I would like to see more of them.

I just got this in the mail a few days ago and I've had a chance to go through it with a fine toothed comb (you KNOW you do it too, obsessively look at each view to see the seams, try to find a different angle to see that one detail . . .).

Here are all the patterns. I think there is a lot to love here!




And here are my favorites. You guys know I love me a good knit dress pattern. The first two use the same v-neck top for the bodice and then just change up the skirt portion. Right now, I have the shirt version on my cutting table so I can see how it fits AND where that pesky waist seam hits. That way, I can adjust that before I add a skirt to it. Then, I'll knock out a few of the dress versions. The knit dress on the right is super cute too with a vintage-y vibe. If you look closely at the magazine picture, you can see there is piping on the sleeves, belt, and CF. I'm not sure if the belt and bodice details are technically called "piping" since you are using a large piece of the contrast fabric and let that show on the front. The sleeves are definitely piping. Either way, it's cute and I can see myself wearing something like this quite a bit. 


For shirts, there are some cute variations too. This one on the left is the shirt portion of the knit dresses above. The middle is a pattern for a woven blouse. I love the cute shoulder ruching details. The knit top on the right is a little longer and would make a great top with leggings, I think. 




As far as the pants go, I'm not a huge fan. There are several high-waisted pants and I've never been a big fan of those. I feel like I'm being slowly suffocated if I wear anything that goes above my belly button. 

I do love their take on athletic wear though. I will wear this tank as a workout top and maybe I'll even add a compression bra to it. The combo leggings/skirt is cute too. My favorite pair of leggings is an Ottobre pattern so I'm sure these will fit well too. I'm kind of spoiled with athletic wear since I met Jalie. This is a cute skirt, but Jalie is still my favorite. These leggings so have a hidden leg pocket which is a great idea. I will probably make them one it gets a bit springier here. 


Alright, your turn, what do you think? Have you tackled Ottobre? Do you know of other people who sew Ottobre? Tell me who they are. I see a smattering of reviews on individual patterns but not many. And two more pictures to sway your opinion . . . aren't these so cute? I love that piping (or faux-piping???) on that knit dress. 




No comments: