Saturday, August 24, 2019

I'm still here!

I feel bad that my blog is just sitting over here slowly rotting away. I'm still sewing a ton and just got done with a fabulous (if I do say so myself!) travel wardrobe. Of course, I'm done traveling for the summer and am back at work. Maybe the next time I travel in the summer? Ha! Hope some of you are still with me! I'm @two_on_two_off on IG.





View this post on Instagram

Brand new #jaliecora shorts for my #golddiscoveryrun that’s coming up. This is a 16.8 miler with only two water stations so I need to carry my own water and fuel. This is my favorite all time running pattern. I love these fabrics too. This is the @discoverytrekkingoutfitters Stretch Yoga fabric. I love this stuff! Wicking, stretchy, and dead comfortable!!! ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™ . . . When I do activewear bottoms that need stretch, I use a tiny zig zag and double sew all the seams. That way there is no way that my ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฅ‘ shows. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜‚ I find that sewing machine stitches last longer than a serger and give you better stretch. . . . I also added these two extra front pockets from the #jalieloulouxe running skirt. . . . #jalielife #jaliepatterns @jaliepatterns #discoverytrekkingfabric #dtostretchyoga #irun #ilovepockets #isewactivewear
A post shared by Dawn (@two_on_two_off) on

View this post on Instagram

Okay, a bunch more #jalie3245 . ✂️๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป‍♀️ I made the orange one last week and realized that I needed more basic tanks. So I made Mojito and Margarita Pink (who else is loving these color names? ๐Ÿน ๐Ÿธ) tanks too. Fabric is the Discovery Stretch Yoga from @discoverytrekkingoutfitters and I love it so hard!!!! The FOE is from @sewsassyfabrics and I love those bright colors. ❤️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ . . . . . And in other news, my fancy machine went it for it’s annual servicing and I have a not-fancy machine in its place. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿง When I posted my FOE tutorial, people commented with, “But I can’t move my zig-zag over like that!!!” I had that same problem so I had to figure out another way. ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿง I used a D foot (blind hem foot) and did it backwards. I made a short video of the process and can post it if people are interested. Let me know if you are . . . . #jalielife #jaliepatterns @jalie_patterns #irunhillsforfun #irun #isewactivewear #isewmyownclothes #dtostretchyoga #sewingtutorial #sewing #sewersgonnasew
A post shared by Dawn (@two_on_two_off) on

No comments: