Saturday, July 5, 2008

Burda 11-2008-130 Safari Dress

So it didn't turn out as safari-y as I had planned. I put on the khaki pockets and tabs but that just made it look like I had two patches on my chest screaming, "LOOK AT ME!" so I took them off. I liked it better without the tabs too. This kinda looks like a housedress doesn't it? I wore it all day today because it was actually hot (70!) and muggy out. I'm an Alaskan gal, I don't handle heat all that well. This fabric is a 100% cotton twill. It is pretty light and airy but thick enough I didn't have to line the dress.


I can't do an actual review right now because I just bought a new computer and am in the process of moving eveything over to the new one. Sheesh. That's a lot of work.


When I post the review, I'll give ya'll the low-down on the inverted box pleat because I think they did something really cool to stabilize it. But, it is hard to explain without pictures.

7 comments:

cidell said...

You know, in this print it's got a very retro look. I like it!

Alexandra said...

Not a safari vibe, but that is one beautiful summer dress!

Elaray said...

Very nice dress. If that's a house dress, it's a very stylish house dress!


(70ยบ is HOT? I could never live in ALaska!)

2BSewing: said...

I love your safari dress! Beautiful print you used. I agree...I think the front pockets would have stood out too much (visionary thinker). Enjoy your new computer...Susan

Unknown said...

Very nice, you are too productive for me!!!

Debbie Cook said...

Definitely a retro vibe going on. Very nice. The dress fits and flatters you so nicely. I would love to have some "cool" 70-degree weather right now. It's all relative, isn't it?

lsaspacey said...

Oooh, I love it this way! It looked too 70's retro in the sketch (not my favorite fashion period), but I love it so much more as this little 1940's-like shirt dress. Lovely.