Thursday, July 10, 2008

Freaking Cute

(ETA: My husband says they look like, "dime-store hookers . . . " with these on their heads. Am I going to induce a lot of therapy? I thought they were cute but maybe not??)


This is BWOF 07/2008 #140

I altered the pattern (the rectangle) and made it half as wide. It is 5" wide instead of 10".


The one on the right, the drama queen, is sporting the regular version folded in half. I made it first and then decided that I liked it thinner.


This is the width I like. You can see that the bottom is gathered. You gather it and then stick it in a casing with elastic. That helps it stay in place.

8 comments:

Christina said...

I agree with you - so freaking cute!

lsaspacey said...

I wonder where exactly he saw these hookers he's talking about because those do not look like any hooker wear I've ever seen in movies or on TV? I think they look cute, you know, like little girls. Funny that, huh?

Keely said...

Aww, so adorably cute. I don't think hooker either.

cidell said...

SO FREAKING CUTE. I may make one for myself!

Rhoto said...

Hi! As long as the girls don't pull at their covered-up ears, they look like cute head covers from the sun!!
Warm greetings,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Gwen said...

They look pretty darn cute to me! Although I will admit to a lack of familiarity with dime store hookers, so I can't really compare... ;)

Ann Made Studio said...

Ah so sweet....the girls and the head bands :)

laura said...

Dime store hooker? I've never even heard that term (although I have a feeling I'll be using it from now on). Those little head scarves are so cute and I know I would have made those for my girls when they were little. I hate to tell you though, once a drama queen, always a drama queen. I have 21 years of experience with that one!