Sunday, October 25, 2009

The finished (almost) mitten

Here is mitten #2. It is slightly narrower, has a smaller thumb, and used ribbing (good idea Donna!) for the cuff. This is just random ribbing from the hand-me-down ribbing box.


Here's a comparison shot. #1 is on top and #2 is on bottom. It's a bit misleading though because #1 was originally longer with a much longer thumb. I altered the pattern for #2 but may have made it too short.


Here is the first pair of real mitts. I used Polartec 200 for the main part of the glove and pink rib knit from the random box of rib knit.


Why does she look like a rapper?


In other news, I made my first patch today. I used the Urban Thread's tutorial posted on their main page. I used this pirate ship pattern. It was free a month ago or so. I used Bling 'n' Beauty glue so we'll see if it stands up to Rough 'n' Rugged. I can't find any Patch Attach. My JoAnn's doesn't carry it and they don't know what I'm talking about when I ask about it. They do have it on the JoAnn's website. My patch edges aren't perfect but they are fun to make and The Boy creates many holes.

7 comments:

catsmum said...

totally nifty patching there m'dear

Bunny said...

Great hole protector!

Kristine said...

Thanks for the link! I've got 2 jackets to fix for my in-laws and patches are the perfect solution!

Myra said...

Cute mittens and patch.

Rose said...

It's amazing the things I learn reading your blog - from moose prep to rapper mitts to patches. Thanks!

Kathi said...

The mittens and patch are cute!! The little one looks like you are disturbing her sleep in the first picture!
"Oh mommy dear, oh mommy dear, our mittens we have lost . . . "

amber said...

The rapper pose is too funny!