Thanks Ladies! A few of you nominating me for this award. I know I've been absent for a while but I'm gearing up and getting better, my friends.
Okay, I have to list 10 things about myself that no one knows. I did this back in March 22, 2008 but I'll try to think of 10 more interesting things. Sigh . . . maybe I'll make some up for you guys. I'm not feeling too interesting right now. I'm going to use some of the original ones too. Yes folks, I'm that lame.
- I love Chicken Pot Pies. You know, the gross ones by Marie Callendar? Oh yeeeeeah.
- I have three kids. A 6YO and a set of identical girl twins that are 4 years old. No, they don't look identical and no it doesn't run in our family. (Side note: While fraternal twinning does usually run in families, there is no scientific data to support identical twinning being passed down in families. It is just a genetic fluke and happens randomly.)
- I was an aquatic entomological taxonomist before I became a 7th grade teacher. Teaching 7th graders is like sticking a hot needle in your eye some days.
- I run for pleasure. I love the feeling of the wind in my hair and the "uh-huh, that's right" feeling of passing another runner. Are we racing? No, but every person out there running in front of me is my competitor.
- I love running in the dark in the early mornings. Is it smart in Alaska with all the bears and moose? Helllllllllllllllllllllllll, no. It makes me feel alive though. I feel very alive when a bear pops across the road and heads my way. I feel so alive I almost pee my pants.
- I have a collection of Demestid Beetles in my classroom. There is also a decomposing
lynxmoose head in with them. "Science Stinks" is my current mantra at school.
- I didn't have a TV for years. I finally broke down and got one so my son could watch Sesame Street and other fun cartoons. (Hee, hee, bonus points to those who understand why my edit is funny!)
- I love bad 90s rap music. MC Hammer - Too Legit to Quit, Vengaboys - We like to Party, T-Shirt - You Sexy Thing,