Friday, January 21, 2011

KwikSew 3234 (ad nauseam)

See? Told you I could finish a project!! After buying a few *cough* yards of fabric I had to sew something up. I used KS 3234 again. Damn, that’s a good pattern. I’m only on size M too. That’s the 7-8 size range. This pattern goes all the way up to 12-14 so I’m all set for several more years.
First up the boy jammies. I used Urban Threads embroidery on the front in a variegated green. I love this Chez Ami ribbing. It’s so soft and it’s got great recovery. He ended up with two tops and one pair of pants. I didn’t have enough of the grey or the blue print to make up another pair of pants and I didn’t really have anything suitable that would coordinate.
ks_3234_1
ks_3234_2ks_3234_3ks_3234_4

Next the little boobins. They are twins, they are four, and for the life of me, I cannot make them sleep in separate beds. How do you say, “Stop snuggling your sister so much!!!” The problem is that a lot of giggling and tickling happens when they go to bed and it can keep them up for an additional hour or two. They prefer the top bunk and I usually don’t stop them from sleeping together. Maybe it’s just a twin thing. You can barely see the cute monster embroidery (again from Urban Threads) and I should have made it an applique.
ks_3234_5ks_3234_6ks_3234_7

My poor kids. This is how I woke them up this morning. “Good MOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR-ning girls!!! Time for PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCC-tures!” This is their combined Death Glare.
ks_3234_8ks_3234_9

I’ll probably offline for a bit. This is a big moving weekend for me. I don’t actually plan on moving into the new house until the end of February but I’m going to try to get the big stuff gone this next week while I have help.

13 comments:

Tanya said...

oh, it's all just too cute!

jillnjosh said...

Dawn, the twins I used to watch (girls) slept together when they were young, and they turned out fine. Yes, bedtime needed to be moved up, as it did take them a while to settle down. The jammies look great. Keep it up so that you have room for more fabric!

Dana said...

The girls are soooo big...and cute! Great pjs!

Keely said...

Great pjs! And cute kids. Good luck with the moving. We're not moving until the end of November, but we've already started the slow process of sorting and decluttering.

MushyWear said...

Oh I love that octopus embroidery. I would love to be able to have an embroidery machine someday. How fun!

Taki J said...

Awesome shirt and cute kids. My girls would slept together off and on for months at a time and still do. Let's just say they are both in double digits now. I can hear them talking and laughing and absolutely love it because there is nothing like the bond you have with your sisters.

Unknown said...

Adorable pj, adorable girls! Even with the death glare...
My kids are forever hugging, too. We only ever fought with our siblings, so DH and are confused, but happy.
Good luck with the move, wish I could lend a hand!

BConky said...

Cute jammies. It's not just twins my 4th and 5th kids where only 17 months apart and both girls and they slept together until they were in middle school but even into high school they would crawl in to bed together and talk and laugh until late. They are in thier early tweeties and are still really close.

KarenP said...

Cute jammies! I especially love the polka dot ones.

Marybeth said...

How adorable! Good luck with your move :)))

gwensews said...

Much luck with the move. That can be a daunting task. After you get settled, make some beautiful things with all that new fabric!

Sandi said...

Great jammies! My kids all love to sleep together snuggled - esp. my 5 year old. He cuddles up with one of his big brothers every chance he gets.

Chez Ami fabrics are great. Thank you for reminding me how fortunate I am to live a short drive away from their Raleigh, NC outlet. I buy tons of fabric there and every last bit I have gotten from them has been wonderful quality.

melissa said...

Bwahahah you're such a cruel mum to wake them up that way! :) Love the PJs, though, and good luck with the big move! We decided after moving onto the boat that the next time we move, we move the whole thing! :P