Monday, January 24, 2011

Um, seriously? They’re too small??!?

My son is at that age where clothes cease to fit him in a very short period of time. I bought him several pairs of nice “school jeans” in August. Guess what? They are all too small now. They are almost all brand new and have minimal wear on them. I decided to refashion them into girl jeans. On this first pair, I ripped open the side leg seam so I could add some embroidery. It’ll be easy to sew that back up and hem them.

Is this not the cutest embroidery in the whole world? I got it free at EmbroiderThis.com. I want to make one with lace stripes and another with pink rick rack. I want to make one with pink bows on the pockets and one with flowers with button centers. I may even take off some back pockets and stitch them. Any other ideas? I’m sure Angie could do this 500 better than me. She’s so artistic and creative. Me? I’m a workhorse, I can get shite done. Creative, I am not.
decorated_jeans_1decorated_jeans_2

 

Here are the seven pairs of jeans that are too small. Yee-zits!!!
decorated_jeans_3

 

I figure this is a fast, easy, simple project that will keep my sewing blues away but yet it don’t take much space and it doesn’t take much thinking. I’m concentrating all my spidey senses on packing  and moving right now.

Oh, and guess who’s ITY came today??! It’s weird too because my first order isn’t here yet but the second one came today.

8 comments:

Karin said...

What a great way to turn boys jeans into girls jeans! You are the first person to do this that I know of, but it seems so obvious now that you have done it. What kind of embroidery machine do you use?

Victoria said...

Great way to refashion! And yes--that is the cutest embroidery ever. I got my ITY on Friday! Can you say I was VERY excited. I'm about to post about it!!!! That was a good sale!

Maryissewfast said...

Love that design! Aren't embroidery machines fun? And finding great freebies makes it more fun! Good job!

sdBev said...

Too cute! I did find that my son took a spurt of growth right after his birthday which was about 4 weeks into the school year. Once I realized that, I bought his school clothes a size too big. To this day (he's getting close to 30) he prefers a lot of ease in his clothes

Sandi said...

Love that embroidery! I used the same one on an Ottobre top for my DD.

Digs said...

What an adorable pink princess!!! You'll love this "Cinderella ate my daughter" article in NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/books/review/Paul-t.html?_r=1&ref=fashion.

angie.a said...

OMGosh that princess is SO cute!!

ha, I *might have been* thinking in my head...oooh a leopard or zebra print ruffle would be cute. :P

Paulette said...

He IS your son....

yea, hurry up and move so you can start cranking out some hot fashion for yourself!!

SLH may start to carry Colette Patterns. :)