Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nike Dri-Fit + Jalie 2215 = <3 <3 <3

No, it’s not a typo. I made an entire outfit out of Nike fabric and Jalie 2215. I made the top a few days ago and now the pants. I’ve made these pants before and used the same modification as my Halloween pants from a couple years back. The only thing different I did this time was to increase the waistband (I made it out of self-fabric folded in half). This Nike stuff has so much stretch and recovery, I made it 4” less than my waist/hip measurement and it’s perfect. You can see in the picture below that there is a small amount of gathering at the band. When I wear them, those tucks go away.
j_2215_26

Here’s the front with the waistband folded down.
j_2215_27

Here you can see the side with the waistband up. I will probably wear it up for the winter because it keeps all those chills off my back. I think the seam halfway across my butt makes my butt look smaller too. Always a bonus if you ask me. I left the lower legs looser because I sometimes wear longer and thicker socks in the winter and I hate having skinny ankles to mess with.
j_2215_28

Here’s the back of the pants. You can see I added a CL (that’s Center Leg, duh!) seam to the pants like last time. I kinda like it. I should probably take a picture of the back, duh.
j_2215_29

I did put some of this on Etsy. Only eight yards. Yea, I’m a selfish bitch and want to keep most of it for myself. But guys, it’s so COZY and SOFT! I can make running pants for all my kids! Really, I love it that much!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

These look great! Love the wide waistband.

k be said...

These look terrific. I like this pattern for running tights too, and the wide waistband addition is genius.
Your etsy shop is out of the fabric ;(. If you can get another bolt as you mention in your shop I would love to try some of this fabric.

Becky said...

I have been trying to motivate myself to make some activewear, particularly pants. These look wonderful. And, you look wonderful, too!

Angie Amos said...

Ooh I need to pick up this pattern too. Awesome!

Mz McCall said...

These look really amazing - can I ask, are the insides serged? Topstitched? I know that RTW running pants are often flatlocked, but that's pretty difficult to do for home sewers.

Scruffybadger said...

Wow! Another awesome running make. Really off to check out your shop now!