I made mine using, surprise!, my Jalie 2805 pattern. It’s really easy although I did have to refer to the CAbi website a couple of times to see how they finished the shrug and see where they had seams.
First, I traced out the t-shirt pattern in a smaller size than I would normally wear. I usually wear the size S so for this I made the size R. I wanted these to be snug so they fit easily under shirts and tops. I only did the tops of the back and front piece knowing I would cut them off later.
Next, I lined them up and sort of matched up the seam lines. The only thing I really cared about is that the shoulder pieces matched up with the sleeve. Obviously things are not going to line up exactly.
I taped this down to another piece of tracing paper and free-hand drew where I thought the shrug went. I made sure to do the CB line at a perpendicular to the CB seam so it would be straight across the back. I followed the back neck seam and made sure to include all of the sleeves. You have to make sure you make notches on the sleeves where they end otherwise you won’t know when to stop sewing as you come up the arm.
I used self-fabric binding but you could do it in contrast too. I folded my binding WST, quartered it, and sewed it to the shrug. I made it a few inches shorter so it would snug up the shrug. Be careful at the corners of the armpits. They can be tricky to sew.
I think I’m making curtains for my sewing room next. Yawn, I know.