Sunday, November 25, 2012

Vogue 1285–Tracy Reese Dress

First, I apologize for the photos. I have got to get a new camera. These photos are doctored substantially. I used every setting on my camera and they were all so bad. I will try to get someone to take a couple pictures at work tomorrow with an iPhone. I will get some decent detail shots for you too. Yes, my iPhone will take better pictures than this. Je-sus.

I do really like the dress. It looks so much better in real life than it does here. I love the collar and lapels. I used, gasp, the Nike Dri-Fit fabric. I swear to you, people, my entire closet will be this fabric before winter is out. This dress is a faux-wrap with fun lapel details. You are supposed to use a zipper in the side seam but I left that off. I can squeeze it over my head. The only thing I changed was the darts. In the pattern, they have you put them on the RS, like a design detail. I decided to put them on the WS (the usual way). Oh, and I left out the slip that is used for a lining. I’m just wearing a cami under it. I love my leopard booties with the dress too. What say you people about booties with dresses? Yay or nay? I’m on the fence. Sometimes I think they look cute, like here. Other times, I’m just meh on them.
v_1285_1V1285

 

Oh, hello blue snow. I curse you Camera! I curse you!!!!
v_1285_2

Like I said, hopefully better pics tomorrow, because sweet Jesus, these are not okay with me.

11 comments:

Debbie Cook said...

It's very Insta-grammy, so you're on trend. lol



Love this dress on you! I actually thought of you when I first saw the pattern. I'd love to make it but I need to get me a flat stomach first. Hah.

Lyndle said...

Love this! Yours looks so much better than the Vogue shot. Why would they cover up the coolest details with a bag?
I'm the opposite of a fashionista, but I think the booties rock.

Ann said...

This looks fantastic, and looove the booties.

Trinity said...

The dress? Fantastic! The booties? Cute with this outfit, though I agree, other times it can just be meh. The blue snow? A nice touch :o)

crystalpleats said...

You look great! I really love this pattern, and your styling is great. I think the booties look nice.

Claudine said...

Great, great dress. And I love that you used such an unusual fabric! It will be so great to wear all winter!

Elizabeth Wellons said...

My uber-chic daughter tells me that I can wear booties with skirts and dresses as long as the tights are right. Yours look perfect! But like you, I am on the fence about the look. Maybe it is because I'm so much older than you that I feel as though I'm trying too hard. For you -- go for it!

marysews said...

You've got that Glam look going on here. Really Great!

MrsSewandSew said...

I think the dress looks way better on you than the model. Booties are fine with it too. I wear Ariat boots with many things but I don't wear dresses much, so they work with pants. I say wear what makes you happy! I think tall boots would work with the dress as well.

Meigan Sullivan said...

Your dress looks great, I love the notches at the neckline.

As for your camera, check to see if your white balance (WB) got switched (assuming that you can change it). Typically it will work well on auto, but for snow shots, everything will be dark compared to the snow. So if you can, set the camera to overexpose by 1 step to brighten everything else up. Good luck--it's so annoying when technology doesn't work how we want it to!

becky said...

I really would like to see a pic that is more accurate for color. Is this the gray fabric? Just curious. Wonder if it would be hot indoors. OK, that said, you look fabulous! I love the dress on you, how the lapels/collar frame your face. And, on you, the booties look great, but you're young and slim. I am old and slim and would not have the ability to pull it off. You look great!