Monday, March 27, 2017

KwikSew 3770 - Leggings

Remember when I made these before? I previously made the ankle scrunchy version. I always wanted to make the tuxedo stripe version and I finally had some time this weekend. I used a wicking 4-way polyester stretch as the main fabric and a stretch vinyl for the stripe. I knew thay would fit well because the other pair fit well.
ks_3760_5ks_3770_1

 

The only change I made was to narrow the stripe by about 3/4”. I knew these would be too wide for me as is and this is a normal KS alteration for me. Their patterns always seem to run wide on my body. Anyway, I love the fit and the fun stripe down the leg.
ks_3770_2

 

There is a tiny bit of extra fabric under the butt but I think it’s fine.
ks_3770_3
ks_3770_4

 

And to make up for being a dreary Monday, guess what came in the mail?!?!?! YYYAAASSSSSSS! Who wants to do a Sew Along? I was thinking maybe the Charlie bomber jacket?? Anybody interested??? I want to make one in a bright, bold floral and one in a fancy fabric. I’m not sure what I have in my mind’s eye yet, maybe a quilted wool? A boucle? A sequined fabric? FUR?? 
ks_3770_5

I’m sure I’ll be sewing up a strom the next week or two. When new Jalie’s come out, I get motivated!! And do let me know if you are interested in some sort of Sew Along!!

No comments: