Friday, June 16, 2017

Jalie 3463–Anne-Marie Dress

I’ve made this pattern up in a top before and I really like it and wear it often in the summer I was wearing it on vacation just last week. I kept putting things in that enormous back pocket. Like my phone, lip balm, tickets, car keys, etc. I know it’s supposed to be for tennis balls, but whatever. I realized that a dress version would be just the ticket on vacation. So, when I got home from vacation, I made one for my next vacation.


I did not make this, just so we are all clear, for a sport use. I made this purely for a travel/fun purpose. The CF/CB panels are made with a fun ivory/black scuba knit. The solid black is a Nike Dri-Fit fabric.
j_3463_23j_3463_24


I love how the side panels flare out a bit for an a-line shape. 
j_3463_25


This is what photoshoots in my house always look like, by the way. Little photobombers just waiting to jump into view.
j_3463_26h


I love how it looks like I matched the pocket on the back. I didn’t. That was luck. I love the back on this dress.
j_3463_27


Oh, and this dress has a built-in shelf bra which is actually pretty supportive. I love that about a travel dress too.
j_3463_28


I love how big this pocket is. I may have to make another one of these dresses in a solid color just because comfort and pockets.
j_3463_29


I will also wear this to work with a jacket or cardigan. And I’m talking to my daughter here. She’s a sassy beast.
j_3463_30

No comments: