Monday, June 26, 2017

Jalie 3676–Another Vanessa Pant

I knew I would make another pair of these quickly. Who doesn’t love an easy, elastic-waist, comfy pair of pants? Last time, I left off the leg elastic and made them a little cropped. This time, I used the leg cuffs. I did fold out an inch in the length at the thigh and again under the knee. I’m about 5’5” and my height is in my torso. I knew I wanted these a little shorter than called for and with my shorter legs, I decided two inches would be about good.
j_3676_13


Here’s a slightly lighter picture so you can see some details.
j_3676_14


This is a linen/rayon blend from JoAnn’s. This is a really comfortable fabric and it doesn’t wrinkle like I thought it would. There is no stretch in it all. I also bought it in a gray fabric. I’m not sure what I’m going to make with that, but another Jalie Vanessa pant is not out of the realm of possibilities.
j_3676_15j_3676_16


In this picture, I pulled them up a bit. I wish these pants were this length. What do you think? Is this a better length? I’d say this is another two inches. Next time I’ll crop them even more.
j_3676_17


I love the details and topstitching on these pants.
j_3676_18


This is a close-up of the fabric. I found it in the “suitings” section.
j_3676_19


Another Jalie winner!! And on a side note. We recently acquired a furry little friend. She’s six months old and a rescue kitty that was abandoned in a building. :( Poor baby!! She seems to be getting along with our other fur baby. The kids are totally in LOVE.

 FullSizeRender (97)


She’s fierce like a lion.
FullSizeRender (99)


Isn’t she pretty? I love the red spot on her head.
FullSizeRender (100) 


I made my last Hot Patterns dress too. I’ll unveil that in a day or so too. I still need to take the pictures.

No comments: