Thursday, August 3, 2017

Jalie 3130– Shirt Dress

I know the first time put on the Jalie button down shirt, I knew I would be making a shirt dress. I used the same fabric as I used for my Vanessa pants. It’s a rayon-linen woven and I really love it. I went to JoAnn’s and also bought the teal and dark red color too. For this dress, I extended it about nine inches and kept the same curved hem. Isn’t it fun? I was going to make a self-fabric belt but I ran out of fabric. Boo. I might still go back and get some fabric for a belt because I think that would be the perfect finishing touch.
j_3130_14j_3130_17j_3130_16


I could have made it more fitted in the hips but I like it loose and swingy like this.
j_3130_22


I made all the topstitching green and added green buttons.
j_3130_15



I love, love, love my new machine. It has the best stitches and makes the nicest buttonholes. Seriously. I did all 14 buttonholes in, like, eight minutes. And they are perfect. Perfect. I have this automatic buttonhole attachment and it’s totally automatic. You just push your foot down and it goes around and stops when it is done.
j_3130_19



Oops, I did all the topstitching in green, except this. I could have just put green thread in the bobbin, but I didn’t. Why? Who knows.
j_3130_20



Look at this beautiful stitching.
j_3130_21


Next up? An easy Ottobre dress.

No comments: