Hi Ladies! It seems like forever since I’ve posted. I had a lot of fun for Christmas Break and just got back into town a few days ago. We spent two fun weeks in San Diego and the sun and nice weather is what I needed to make it through another dreary winter.
While I was gone, I received a couple of Blogger awards. Ahhhhhh, thanks! I know I’m a much less frequent poster lately and I know my sewing has slowed down quite a bit. Thank you faithful followers! :)
The rules for this one:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award/Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Seven things about me (I’m also using this to show you new photos – no, I’m still not over how well this new camera takes photos).
1) I’ve always loved photography and it’s really on my mind right now because I was just given a camera for Christmas. It’s a Canon and I think I’m a Canon whore. I had one in college and I loved it. It was film but I had some nice lenses. Unfortunately, my Mr. Wrong decided he needed to keep it and all my stuff when we got divorced.
2) I’m not artistic at all. At. All. Really. People are all like, “Wow! you are so artistic! Look what you can make!” And I’m all like, “Ugh, copying something is not artistic.” My father’s side of the family is very artistic and automatically compose shots using the rule of thirds. Me? No. I can copy something if you show me a design. That’s not being artistic.
3) I’m remarried to a wonderful man. I now know what a marriage is supposed to feel like. Before, it was like two people living their own lives and they just happened to live together. Now, I feel like half of a whole.
4) I love to run. And run and run. There is nothing so freeing as a good hard run. Wind whipping in your ears, hair coming out of the ponytail, legs hurting, and deep ragged breaths. All good stuff.
5) I’m not a big fan of the water. It sort of freaks me out. When I’m on a boat in the ocean, I feel anxious. I usually get over it when I’m fishing and having fun but I think about it all the time when I’m out there.
6) I love Marie Calendar Pot Pies. Love them. I’m weird about them. I’ll wait until I have an afternoon to myself and cook one in the overn (never microwave) and enjoy it by myself. This is super astonishing because I am a very healthy eater. There’s something about the salty goodness, the flaky pastry, and the little bowl that just make me happy.
Thank you ladies! Let’s see, who to pick?
- Amanda’s Adventures in Sewing. She’s so perfect, I hate her. Not really. Well, maybe a tiny bit.
- Melissa over at Fehr Trade. She’s prolific and awesome.
- I Wanna Frock and Roll All Night. Love them.
- J.Kaori Sews. She produces beautiful garments.
- Love you Kristine!
- Love Angie too!!!
- Karen often cracks my shit up. She makes nice stuff too though.
- Trena over at The Slapdash Sewist always shows the best tutorials on the adjustments she has made.