A long time ago made this very same swimsuit combination and wore the snot out of it. Since we are cruising very soon (less than a month, sqqqquuueeeeee!) I decided I needed another suit to go with it. This the Jalie pattern #2446 for the bikini top and Ottobre 05/2009 Bikini underwear pattern. This picture is taken in my basement since we had two worker guys putting up Sheetrock upstairs. I figured they didn’t really need to see any more of me than they do already. Anyway, I guess I wasn’t done with Jungle January. I’m hoping my pasty skin will go away after our week in the sun.
I again used my zig zag stitches for all the seams. After doing so research on previously-sewn swimsuits for my kids, I’ve made some conclusions. The serging threads always seems to die and it really doesn’t hold up to higher stress areas like where the back connects to the crotch piece. The zig zag stitches has never busted on any of the swimsuits my kids have worn.
Random Shot – Instead of boring you to pieces with a billion fun pictures with my new camera, I’ll just post one at the end. That will make me edit a bit so you aren’t looking at a ton of pictures. You can totally just skip it if you want. This is Little Person and I after a long day of cleaning, Sheetrocking, painting, and moving things around.