Saturday, April 18, 2015

Palate Cleanser - Jalie 3355 - Floral Sweatshirt

Remember that last thing I made? The fluffy thing? The pirate thing? Yea, well, I needed something easy that was a win. Immediately. Like I needed something now. Enter Jalie 3355 (and really, if I’m being honest, Jalie anything). Something easy that was guaranteed to be a win. I bought this fabric at the National City Swap Meet a bit ago and knew when I bought it what I would use it for.

Let me tell you. This girl is so helpful. This girl really does love her sweatshirt. She does. Really. This is her favorite expression. She actively tries not to smile. I made a different Jalie sweatshirt for her and she will wear it until I force her to take it off. She says she likes things with pockets. And cozy things.
j_3355_14

Here’s a more accurate picture of her true personality.
j_3355_15


You probably can’t tell but I didn’t add the hem band to the bottom of this one.
j_3355_16

Here’s the front of the pattern.
j_3355_1

When I make this again, and if I leave off the bottom band, I’ll make the pocket a little larger and move it up a bit. Usually the bottom of the pocket only gets 3/8” smaller because it is a seam allowance. Since this time it’s a hem, I lost more of the bottom of the pocket. Oh well, she still loves it.
j_3355_17

Damn photo bombers.
j_3355_18

With my new Janome Coverstitcher (ssqqqqqqquuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!), I sewed on the wrong side to make this pattern on the right side. You can’t really see it. I should have done it with contrasting thread, but oh well.
j_3355_19

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I feel better now.

1 comment:

kristin at sunnysewing said...

This is my latest favorite pattern of jalie. I'm making myself one right now! Love the fabric you used for this. Looks cozy and soft.