Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Ottobre Shorts 03-2016 #21

These are just a very simple, cute pair of functional shorts. I tried to bling them up a bit and I’m very happy with them. I like how Ottobre gives you a bunch of basic kids patterns with a twist. The “twist” on these is a slightly gathered leg in the back of the leg at the hem. Of course, I opted not to do this, but I love that there are so many design details on Ottobre patterns.
ott_0316_21_!

 

I added a little pocket bling to them and love it. This is a cotton/Lycra fabric from Fabric.com? I’m not quite sure where I got it.
FullSizeRender (74)

 

The pattern calls for two patch pockets, but I only did one.
FullSizeRender (73)

 

I bought a bunch of this stuff at the National City Swap Meet. It’s rhinostones afixed to a plastic webbing/mesh? You don’t have to deal with gluing on rhinestones or anything.
FullSizeRender (75)
FullSizeRender (76)

 

If you look carefully, you can see the purple topstitching thread. I really like the look of it. I can also see it being used down an arm on a sleeve. Hmmm, that may be coming next. I love this stuff! You buy it by the yard. It’s about 5” wide and on a spool.
FullSizeRender (77)

 

Hmmmmm, this is for my littlest. She may need a top or two to go with this . . .

No comments: