In my last post, I saw that HotPatterns dress and I fell in love. I have made up a quick muslin to see if it is something I can do. I think soooo! It's a quick muslin so I used random thread and didn't waste any time making it look nice. This is a cheapy poly knit that has static like you can't believe. I know it looks kind of blah in the photos but I think it will be cute. I think I need to flare the hem a bit too. The BWOF pattern is very straight and the HP ones seems to be more A-line.
I increased the brightness and contrast so you can kind of see the details. It is still hard to see. There are not as many gathers as there are on the HotPatterns dress so I slashed and spread some more. The "real" knit is thicker and a bit stretchier.