Monday, May 2, 2016

Jalie 3024 - Perfect Spring Dress

Is this not the perfect spring dress? It goes with jackets, cardigans, or alone. It could go with flats, colorful sneakers, boots, booties, or heels. It’s super comfortable too.
j_3024_15

 

I’ve made this dress numerous times (1 and 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7) and I still wear most of them. I love this dress with a jean jacket. 
j_3024_16

 

Let’s see . . . modifications. I bound the neck using my coverstitching binder. I made the black waistband about 1/2” shorter on each side for a total of about 2” shorter all the way around. I had to stretch it more to fit the bodice and skirt. But, when it’s on, it sucks it in and makes it a bit more fitted. I sewed the side seams little larger than the recommended 1/4”.
j_3024_17

 

I didn’t make any other adjustments except to add an inch under the bust. I do this to almost all patterns. On this one, it’s especially important so the band doesn’t ride up over your bust. I love the short kimono sleeves.
j_3024_18
j_3024_19

 

Obviously I made the one on the left. I left off the flouce. My dress is the regular length.
j_3024_9

No comments: