Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Ottobre 03-2016 #31 Knit Dress

Isn’t this a cute little Ottbre dress? I made this for the nine year-olds. When I asked them about it, they said the floucy bit at the top needed to go. They are nine going on sixteen, you see. I made it in size 128 but added an inch in the bodice and added three inches to the skirt length. They are long and lean.
ott_0316_31_5



She loves it!!! Even with my added inches, you can see it is still probably too short without leggings. It does fit really well though!!




I love these graphic black and white colors with the yellow. The black and white is a double knit (both prints) from the National City Swap Meet and the yellow is a double knit from Fabric Mart. My binder seems to love double knit, so I took full advantage.
ott_0316_31_1


I’m doing a much better job of getting consistent results.
ott_0316_31_2


I left the hem raw.
ott_0316_31_3


Just look at that binding!!
ott_0316_31_4


I’m loving my new (new-ish) binder and my newest Ottobre magazine. I’m already planning a matching outfit from a different pattern in the same magazine.

No comments: