Wednesday, May 18, 2016

KwikSew 3672 - Simple Knit Skirt

I will be making more of these skirts. I will also make this top. With modifications. I read several reviews of the top and how the finishing is, well, lacking. But, this time, I made the simple flared skirt.
ks_3672_1

 

 

This is made from another piece of Spandex House fabric. I can’t find it on their site, but it’s galaxies. It’s pretty cool fabric if you ask me.
FullSizeRender (33)

 

Yes, my children took these pictures and “helped” me pose.
FullSizeRender (34)

 

This is a great, simple, comfortable, knit skirt. It is a bit on the short side, however. I may add an inch or two the next time I make it.
FullSizeRender (35)

 

The waistband is a simple yoga-type band.
FullSizeRender (36)
FullSizeRender (39)

 

One of my twins said this looks like a bat and now that is all I can see.
FullSizeRender (40)
FullSizeRender (37)FullSizeRender (38)

 

Before cutting into my fun Spandex House fabric, I tried it with a cheap JoAnn’s denim-look knit.
FullSizeRender (41)

 

I did a gold color for the hem to mimic the colors of denim jeans.
FullSizeRender (42)

 

I’m glad the fabric wasn’t expensive beacuse it already has two runs in the knit after one wearing.
FullSizeRender (43)

Next up? I have another Jalie 3024 that I bet you’ll like!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Admiring Talent :-)