The white things that you see at the pockets are the faux-piping I used to highlight them. I left just a bit of the pocket lining showing around the zipper.
The back has a fun detail that you can't really pick up from the line drawing or the photos. There is a back overlay on the top half of the jacket. This would be a great place for a vent if your fabric is not breathable.
Here you can see it a little bit better. The belt goes through the bottom of the overlay. You can still see my chalk markings. It's not really crooked, it just looks like it.
Here it is open. I really like the length of the coat. I was going to add 2" to the sleeves but forgot. You can see on the original coat, the sleeves look a bit cropped and they really are. Go figure.
All zipped up. Thank you Lindsey T for offering to get me some cool zippers. I opted for the plain jane black from JoAnn's.
Here is some of the sleeve detail. I love all the topstitching on this coat. It did make it very time consuming though.
This is my favorite part. I lined it with sweathshirt fleece in camo print. This coat is so Alaskan. It is the same as the fleece on these shirts. I made the fleece-y, soft part on the inside and the sweathshirt side next to my skin so it would slide over clothing. I quite like the effect.