Monday, June 2, 2008

Got 'er done!

These are the same photos from PR. I like to post them here also so you can see them without going through all the links on the review.








I love it.
Oh, and to those who are amazed at my speed. You know all that other stuff you guys do? Like housework? Bills? Grocery shopping? Spending time with spouses? Running kids around? I don't do it. My husband does all the bills and shopping when he is in town every two weeks (hence the blog title), my kids aren't old enough to go anywhere yet, and I have this 15-mintue rule about housework. You will notice that when my husband is here for his two weeks that I sew less because I like to spend some time with him. But when he is gone, watch out (he's currently gone). I only clean my house is 15-minute increments. Usually I do it twice a day. If you set a watch, you would be amazed what you can get done in a solid 15 minutes. I do spend one day a week doing deep cleaning (that's what I tell myself). That being said, I have three small kids so my house is always a mess. Sewing is my sanity.

11 comments:

Sigrid said...

Just read your two entries on this blouse. Beautifully done, and I don't think your buttons are too small. I'm one of those who skipped this blouse in the magazine, but your version makes me want to try (some time).

Gwen said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! (Oh, I was wondering about your blog title...)

Beth H said...

It's lovely! I, too, was wondering about your blog title.

It sounds as if you follow the FlyLady.

Meg said...

Thanks for the explanation. Didn't realize what the "two on, two off" meant. Good to know you are actually human and that there's a reason behind your amazing productivity. I would get more done too in that situation.

kasizzle said...

Your top looks great.
I've always wondered how you manage to get so much done with having little ones! Mine are pretty self sufficient and I still can't get as much done as you seem to do.

Paula Gardner said...

Dawn, your blouse? jacket? looks great.

Now you've got my curiosity piqued...what does your husband do? Does he work up north? On a fishing boat? Inquiring minds...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I also get a lot more sewing done when my husband isn't home. I do all my sewing at night when the kiddies are sleep b/c if I do it when they're awake I start not to like them. How do you keep the kids entertained while you're sewing? So when hubby works nights, that's when I get the most work done. Great jacket BTW.

mitch1066 said...

love the pictures ,the bias front strips are great.I think i'd make the sleeves 3/4 length .Short sleeves and a cuff just arn't for me.
Housework is a pain ,as soon as you do one thing it makes something else look worse LOL.I love looking through the sewing blogs,it really inspires me to get sewing more.Thanks for sharing:)

Ann Made Studio said...

Love this top. It looks great on you!
I'm at the other end of housework,can't seem to "walk" by it. I have to get it done before I play. I'm working hard to change that:)but old habits are hard to change. I thought two on two off was your shift at work :)

angie.a said...

LOL. I'm lucky if I do 5 minutes a day some days!! :P

I had wondered about the blog title too. I assumed it was a knitting thing I didn't "get" cause I don't knit. kinda wondered why you never talked knitting. Bwahaha!

Gorgeous Things said...

Wow, that is fabulous! Like you, housework is at the bottom of my list. So I hear ya!