Monday, June 2, 2008

Burda - 05-2008-105 Jacket in brown wool

I love this pattern. It really reminds me of this Threads pattern that got so many reviews last year. I didn't think of that until I was looking at these pictures I took this morning. But, replace the elastic with a belt and you've pretty much got it. I didn't like the HUGE sleeves of the Threads version. It is even the same(ish) color.
I love it in this wool. I'll get a lot of wear out of it as a light jacket. In the fall, it can just be a beefy blouse. This wool is so soft and non-itchy it would be fine. I am almost done. This thing calls for three decorative buttons and five sewn-in snaps. I don't mind sewing in snaps but I'm a s l o w hand-sewer. I'll update my review on PR when I get it accomplished later today. I will be taking the elastic out of the back and making a longer piece so it isn't so tight. If feels fine but I think it would look better a little looser. I can't for the life of me find the elastic measurements in the BWOF magazine. I just guessed at how big the elastic should be. Following Lindsey T's advice, I covered my buttons with the wool fabric. Love it. I should have gone one size larger though.


5 comments:

Meg said...

I thought your muslin was so cute that I went to my local Barnes & Noble and bought the last copy of BWOF. I may do the same as you and make mine out of wool too. Love the covered buttons.

Paula Gardner said...

I'm still trying to figure out how you find the time to crank out a garment every couple of days...do you sleep?

angie.a said...

LOL, I'm with Paula! :D It looks fabulous though, I love both versions!

Karen said...

It's interesting how certain BWOF patterns get EVERYBODY, and certain ones just pass us by. I didn't even notice this in the magazine, but your "muslin" - which is cute enough to be the final garment, made me pull the magazine back out. Love this.

Christina said...

I really like it! I'm adding this to my (very long) to do list.