Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pantone Colors for Fall

This has been up on the Pantone website for a while but I've been thinking about my fall wardrobe (and SWAP) and what colors to use. I think I've decided on a grey/purple wardrobe. I won a few BWOF on eBay and the purple/grey combo really caught me eye. I won 08/2006, 11/2006, and 06/2004. I am excited to increase my stash of Burdas. There is so much in each issue. Of the two issues I have (03/2008 and 05/2008), there are lots of possibilities for a fall wardrobe. Now with my new subscription and these older magazines I will be totally set. I am contemplating going through my stash of Big 4 patterns and getting rid of most of them. They just don't fit as well. Has anyone else gone totally (or almost totally) BWOF? I still really like Jalie and some of the KwikSews but McCalls, Butterick, and Simplicity just don't do it for me anymore.
These are both out of the 11/2006 magazine and I love the deep colors. I may even do grey, deep purple, and a blue. I think those would look nice. I'm trying to use more blue since you guys always comment on how blue looks nice with my eyes. It is a color I never really wear much of but if it looks nice, why not?
I especially love this skirt. There is a review on PR but the picture link is broken so I don't know what it looks like on a normal person. I like the higher waist and the back slit. There is a version of this skirt in the magazine with a front thigh slit. I like that one too but this is probably more appropriate for my 7th grade classroom.

10 comments:

Paula Gardner said...

I am totally excited about those colors. Except for the last two, those are my colors! Yay!

Sigrid said...

Yes, those colors are wonderful, and purple and grey go very well together. Good choice.
BWOF is a real winner. Fit is so much better (for me too at least).

Melissa said...

I've pretty much ditched McCalls, Butterick, Simplicity, & Vogue. Occassionally I'll pick something up, but I much prefer BWOF, Ottobre (both kids & women's isues), Kwik Sew, & Jalie.

Elaray said...

I am a Burdaphile and my creed is "All Burda; All the Time" I still sew an occasional Kwik Sew and some indies; the Big 4 don't move me anymore.

Anonymous said...

I stopped buying most other brands when I noticed that Burda patterns hardly every yield bad results for anyone who tries them. I do still buy some Vogues and an occasional Simplicity or New Look but only if there is something special about the pattern or if a lot of people have tried it and gotten good results. I don't even look at McCalls or Butterick anymore.

lsaspacey said...

I would definitely like to go for more purple, but where are people finding great purple fabric? I can't find any. Hopefully it will trickle down from the prof. designers.

Karen said...

8/2006 is a fabulous issue of BWOF, I've made 5-6 things from it by now.

I just saw the Pantone chart recently. I'm loving the Shitake, Burnt Orange and Ochre (big change for me, right?) I like the purple and gray idea for you.

Adrienne said...

I am so glad to see that I'm not the only one looking forward to fall. Great patterns!

Rhoto said...

Hi Dawn!! Can you tell me WHY the "Big 4" don't work for you & you'all??
Greetings from
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Unknown said...

I think the only reason I haven't tried BWOF is lack of familiarity. I know the big 4 and they fit me fine. My impression of BWOF was that you have to copy the patterns provided, then cut and sew, and I'm not in favor of extra steps!!! Anyhow, I love your blog, and have added it to my list of favorites on mine. Hope you don't mind!