Saturday, July 18, 2009

Miss Me??

Holy smokes am I ready to settle back into a routine. Week-long trips with the kids are fun but maybe we shouldn't schedule three week-long trips in a row. The kids are a bit out of whack and I'm a bit cranky from sewing withdrawals. It was a fun trip and I'm minus one child (stayed with grandma an extra week) but wow am I ready to sleep in my own bed.

So I did manage to make a running top right before we left for Fairbanks. I mean just before we left. I coverstitched it the morning of the car ride. I knew it would be hot there (in the 80s and 90s!!) and I didn't have anything for hot weather like that. Remember way back when when I wrote the 600th Jalie review and won a free pattern from Jalie? Well, I bought Jalie 2215. It's this top, this top with long sleeves, running pants, and skirt with underwear panel. I plan to make all the versions. It's the perfect pattern for me. I made this top out of some of the bamboo/cotton/lycra knit I don't like. And actually, I don't hate it here. It's really light so it works well as a running top. The accent panels are from Paulette. She's a blog/internet friend who turned into a real friend. She's the one who convinced me to take the Couture Jacket class. She had cut out a top incorrectly and thought I might be able to do something with the pieces. She was right.

Yea, yea, I could do a swayback adjustment but it's fine. I ran 12 miles this morning so excuse the hair and un-bathed-ness. And I know the hat is nasty but it's my Running Hat. You can't run without your Running Hat. Someone has asked what I'm gearing up for in a previous post. There is a half marathon in August I like to run and I'm doin' it again this year.


A little close-up of the collar and shoulders.


I think I'll make a version with no polo opening. I like it but it'll be nice to have some without it too.



I'm not impressed with my topstitching but, like I said, I was in a hurry.




I had so little fabric that I had to slice and dice it to make it big enough for the undercollar. With this busy print, you'll never notice.



I am planning on sewing a lot the next week or so so my blog should be hoppin' the next little while. So. Glad. To. Be. Back.

14 comments:

Lori said...

Cute shirt and great job on the 12 miles of running. Glad you had good trips.

Unknown said...

Yay, you're back! It was just too quiet here in blogland without you. Really cute top, too!

Amanda S. said...

Great top! Making active wear sure beats buying it, right? That stuff ain't cheap.

Ann Made Studio said...

Great top and the panels make it very stylish :)

JoanneM said...

Great top. Looks very RTW without the huge cost!

Sue said...

I am so happy to see that top made up. I have borowed that pattern to make it for a gym shirt so I am really happy to see it turn out so well. The fabric combo you used is really cute.
Glad to see other sewists into fitness - they seem to go hand in hand I think. Running is the thing I am trying to get into but having trouble with as it so cold here at the moment .. yeah I know excuses...

designdreamer said...

Cute shirt. I wish I looked 1/4 that good after an hour of exercise. You look fresh as a daisy!

Rose said...

Of course, I missed you! Welcome back! I like your shirt. Funny, I never thought of making running shirts. I don't why, but that will have to change. Thanks for keeping us posted on your running and sewing.

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back. I'm running a half marathon in August also. I will be the old lady in the back . The view isn't so bad there Ha HA. I need to make a running skirt.I'm not going to pay $50 for one. Have fun catching up on your sewing!!

Bunny said...

Wish you well with your half marathon. I so applaud your discipline to stay fit despite mommy life. You set a wonderful example.

Gorgeous Things said...

Welcome back! I need a vaca in the worst way. Your top is so cute! I recognize that trim fabric.

Joyce said...

I love the top! I think all my Jalie pattern purchases were due to your reviews. Looks like this is another one I need to get. :)

Paulette said...

WOW!! LOVE the shirt...next time I'll do an even dumber move and give you even funkier pieces!!

BTW..want the buckles to those belts?

judy said...

This top is really cute! Glad to have you back...no one else sews as much as you! :)