Wednesday, February 16, 2011


I finished up on a set of swimsuits last night. I love this pattern. Last time I graded down to a size 3 (4 is the smallest size) and this time I used size 5. I used the same fabric for both of them. Personally, I think it’s kind of hideous but it was the favorite for both of the girls. It’s great fabric with fantastic stretch and recovery. I bought one yard of several prints from a while back and it’s all really high quality. They don’t look like they have any right now otherwise I’d post it for you. I’ll get action shots when I can.


This shows you the racer back which I really like.


I used my zigzag stitch to finish off the elastic edges.


For those of you wanting the sewing nitty-gritty: I used a Microtex needle in size 80 for the zig-zag and had to change it once during the process. I used regular ol’ Coats and Clark cotton/poly thread. Nylon is sometimes a hard fabric to work with but it’s not bad if you use a really sharp needle and go slowly.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Undies for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I absolutely love the Ottobre 05/2009 #2 pattern for hipster underwear. I have made several of these pairs of underwear for myself lately. I am still (ack!) slowly moving so I am working on small projects I can do amidst the chaos. I used fabric from the girl jammies a while back and the pink turtleneck.



I have also completed some more pants redecoration for the blue jeans I’ve been working on. I also just cut out two swimsuits so the girls can play in the hot tub. We’ve been using the smaller ones but they are a bit uncomfortable for them.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Girl Jeans

I’ve been working on refashioning some of my son’s jeans into jeans for my girls. I have had very little time to sew lately because I’ve been moving, packing, and cleaning. My sewing stuff is still at the old house so I’ve been able to sew here and there when I have a moment. This is what I managed to do last night.

I added some some velvet ribbon to the waist of the pants. The ribbon already had the white flowers on it. It’s kinda cute stuff. Who knows where I got it.


Then I decided that I needed more purple. I added matching purple velvet bows to the pockets. Again, who knows where I go that. It matches so I’m sure it was purchased together.


This is what it looks like now. I think it needs something in the middle where the ribbon just ends on the waistband.


Then I went digging through my button box and found this button. I think I’ll cut off the shank and glue it to the existing button. I’ll have to check that it will still go through the hole though. Another option is to paint it with purple nail polish and then add a clear gloss to it. That might be fun too.