Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Not Sewing Related–Paint!!

I’ve been on a color kick lately. I think it has to do with the fact that my house is getting painted soon. The inside this time, not the outside. Have you guys seen this website? I love it. It’s called Design Seeds and it’s just so darn pretty. I check out all the palettes every morning. I doubt I’ll ever get creative enough to actually use one of the palettes (I’m boring and a non-decorate-y like that) but I do love imagining it.

This is the color scheme for my twins’ room. Remember the minky blankets I made them? Same colors!!
FloraGlow600_1

 

It’s funny. I went through the website and just picked random ones I liked. Once I grouped them here, it’s funny but, many of them are the same. A pink, a neutral, and green. I really don’t like blue for some reason as a paint color.
ADoorHue515
DewHues515
FloraBright500
PatinaedHues500

This is really one that doesn’t belong with the others. I do like the neutrals though. HuesStare510

 

I have some sewing to show you but I need to do the photographs. Do you know it’s dark in Alaska right now? Oh wait, it’s always dark here. I’ll have to take some dark, unflattering photos. My deck is under four feet of snow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We have some serious painting to do, too. Thanks for the link, what a neat resource! As for the snow and dark... Spring is just around the corner!

Unknown said...

Wow - I love the colour palettes! And I love that there is a website that provides that kind of inspiration.

Becky said...

I saw that a few days ago on Pinterest--it's addicting, isn't it? I found something similar, except I seem to be drawn to palettes that have lots of blues and greens!