Friday, January 25, 2013

Burda 02-2013 #127 - Raglan Top with Gathers

There are so many great tops in the new February Burda that I had a hard time picking just one. It’s too bad that I didn’t just wait a few days and then make this in February. Then I would have been on track for the Burda Challenge. Drat! Oh well, there are many other options for this magazine.

This is a simple raglan top with sleeves that have gathers.
b_022012_5b_022012_6

I made mine out of two different fabrics (obviously). I used a dark gray double knit for the body and a fun stripey sweater knit for the sleeves. I made sure to cut this out carefully so the stripes were exactly the same on both sides.
b_022012_1

 

I think the gathers are slightly easier to see on the back. Not only is it a fun design feature but it gives the raglan top some room to move too. There is a seam in the back of this shirt only because I didn’t have enough fabric to cut it on the fold. I love the stripe fabric. Well, and the solid too. I just love the shirt together. The length is longer like a tunic length. I made a straight 34 with no adjustments and it fits really well. I could have made a teeny swayback adjustment but I think it’s good anyway.
b_022012_2

 

Here are a couple of close-ups of the gathers in the front.
b_022012_3b_022012_4

I’ve been sewing like crazy lately. I need to make the January dress before I run out of time too! That will be this weekend’s goal.

8 comments:

SewingSveta said...

Oh! We will have February number only 30 Jan! I want to make this jumper too!

africaliving said...

Lovely! What a great idea to use the striped fabric for the sleeves. I am such a fan of the Burda Feb 2013 issue, it is my favorite in a long, long time. But did you notice there are no instructions for style 131?

bconkwright said...

Turned out really cute. Love the two fabrics together.

Lori said...

I really like that pattern and your fabric choices. Great job.

DoubleStitch said...

Looks awesome! How did you do the neckband? I was having trouble following the burda directions as it is my first burda pattern, and I got some gaping in the neck.

Andrea said...

Great idea to use two fabrics. Love it, great fit too.

Eleyna said...

I loovvve the striped knit! Where did you get it from? I like this top a lot.

TamsinWP said...

Fantastic top! I love the combination of fabrics - where oh where did you get the stripey fabric from???